LCA Software Lets Manufacturers Upload EPDs for Comparison
Product manufacturers have a new tool to get their Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) in front of construction project design teams with a new functionality of life cycle assessment tool eToolLCD. The eToolLCD now allows users to enter their own EPDs listed in the software, allowing users and designers to compare the environmental performance of various products from manufacturers using a globally recognized standard.
The incorporation of EPDs into the software follows the recent global trend of building product manufacturers increasingly using EPDs as a way to provide comparable evidence of their sustainability credentials, says Alex Bruce, eTool Business Development Manager. With the new functionality, design teams can be sure that the products they are choosing are environmentally sound, and can compare those products to other similar products in terms of sustainability. In this way, such comparisons will also push other manufacturers to “lift their game,” Bruce says.
The framework chosen to allow EPDs to be uploaded into the database supports the use of the global standard EN15804 compliant EPDs, however other formats can be used if necessary, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency