Coalview Fine Coal Recovery Plant Commissioned
Coalview, an integrated coal technology and fine coal recovery company providing technology and environmental services for mining property owners, says full commissioning of its Coalview Centralia fine coal recovery (FCR) plant is on schedule. The plant has experienced regular slurry and coal processing since the first week of December.
The Coalview Centralia plant is a $42 million investment for the company to provide the cleaning and evacuation of more than 18 million tons of slurry material, stored in the impoundment structures at the Centralia Coal Mine in Pennsylvania.
Upon completion of slurry processing, a large-scale environmental program will begin allowing the post-mining land use to include upland forestry, lowland forest (wetland, riparian, fish and wildlife habitat), pastureland and industrial land.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation