Largest-Ever Internet of Things Showcase
The 2015 International CES will have the largest-ever showcase of products, services and technologies that make up the internet of things, with more than 900 exhibitors planning to share innovations that harness the power of the network to connect everyday devices, according to the Consumer Electronics Association.
CEA owns and produces the 2015 CES, which will run Jan. 6-9 in Las Vegas.
The Sensors Marketplace will highlight one of the key technologies that is enabling the IoT. Exhibitors participating in the marketplace include eyeSight Mobile Technologies, Logbar and QuickLogic.
In addition, the Smart Home Marketplace will showcase a smarter, more efficient home accelerated by smartphones and tablets interacting with a myriad of connected objects and devices, from basic security systems to connected lighting systems. Some of the 2015 CES exhibitors expected to showcase IoT technologies include Bosch, Lowe’s, Konnect Labs, iDevices, Muzzley and Blinksight.
While the internet of things has the potential to help reduce global GHG emissions and increase supply chain efficiency, the thousands of sensors and smart devices — once they reach end of life — may come at a steep environmental cost, according to Bettina Tratz-Ryan, research VP and green IT specialist with Gartner.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation