How to Cut Business Travel Carbon Emissions
Companies can reduce carbon emissions associated with business travel â€” without simply buying carbon offsets, according to a Triple Pundit post sponsored by Terrapass, a company that sells carbon offsets.
In the post, Sarah Lozanova outlines eight ways for companies to do this.
- Hold virtual meetings and training sessions
- Choose a greener fleet
- Carefully select the mode of transportation
- Choose nonstop flights
- Avoid flying first class
- Driving during off-peak times
- Use traffic updates
- Offset unavoidable business travel
Nikeâ€™s travel-related emissions soared 89 percent from 2008 to 2011, even though during that same time period Newsweek called it the greenest US consumer products company.
That shows how frustrating itâ€™s been for companies trying to shrink their carbon footprints by targeting business travel, Bloomberg reports.
Photo Credit: business travel via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UKâ€™s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation