Purestream Expands Oilfield Water Treatment Services
Purestream Services will continue to expand its water treatment services after receiving a capital funding transaction from John Swire and Sons.
Purestream designs and builds water treatment systems to treat produced and frac flow-back water for discharge and re-use in the oil and shale gas industry. Purestream has developed vapor recompression brine concentration and desalination technology along with single cell induced-gas flotation (IGF) systems for water reuse.
John Swire & Sons Limited is the UK-based parent company of the Swire group. Swire’s activities include cold storage, property development, beverages and support for the onshore and offshore oil and gas industries. Through its subsidiary Swire Oilfield Services, Swire provides a wide range of support services to the US oil industry, both onshore and offshore. In particular, Swire provides a number of environmentally friendly services for the US shale oil and gas sectors.
Under the terms of the agreement, John Swire & Sons will provide funding to Purestream that will enable the company to maximize the business opportunities arising from the demand for both dynamic water treatment and management capabilities as a result of increased drilling in areas such as the Permian Basin and Eagle Ford in Texas, and the Bakken, primarily in North Dakota.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures