ISSP Seeks Input on Sustainability Professional Certification
The certification process will include verification of a candidate’s credentials and experience, in addition to demonstrated knowledge in the field through completion of a qualifying test.
To create a test, ISSP intends to generate a test item bank containing at least 1,000 valid and reliable multiple-choice test items. The association has convened a committee of professionals to manage this task. This committee of representatives from the profession (with the support of professional psychometricians) will produce the final set of test questions, but ISSP is soliciting input from a broader range of stakeholders in its construction.
The association is inviting ISSP members and other sustainability experts to participate in the creation of this databank of test items. Each test item must be linked to one of the competencies in the Job Task Analysis created by a multi-stakeholder group of professionals at ISSP’s 2013 Chicago conference. The Job Task Analysis describes the content knowledge associated with 28 core job tasks related to sustainability practitioners.
ISSP has created a survey form to collect suggested test questions. The survey form explains how to create good questions and includes a template for providing the stem of the question and four optional answers, at least one of which must be correct.
ISSP members who participate will be entered into a lottery to win extensions to their ISSP memberships. There is no guarantee that your submitted question will be included in the final databank and the committee retains the right to edit and refine any submission.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool