Bottle Crusher Manages Waste at 5-Star London Hotel
The Grosvenor House Hotel off Park Lane in London has installed a PEL BB06 ‘Mega Jaws’ glass bottle crusher to help manage its 40,000 empty glass bottles each week. Installing the crusher reduces the volume of an empty glass bottle by a factor of five to one, reducing handling and storage costs associated with the bottle by 80%, the hotel says.
The resulting glass “cullet” is fully recyclable, reducing the cost of its disposal for the business. PEL is a manufacturer of bottle crushers, bin compactors and balers, with offices in Ireland, UK and USA. The Grosvenor House located in London’s elegant Mayfair district is an 5-star A JW Marriott Hotel which was first opened in 1929.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation