Sustainable Purchasing Guidelines Launched
The Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council today will release to the public its Guidance for Leadership in Sustainable Purchasing v1.0.
Already, 80 organizations including Ecolab, Lockheed Martin, Office Depot, the US General Services Administration and the EPA, with more than $100 billion in purchasing power, have signed up for the Pilot Program, which will run February to July 2015.
The Guidance v1.0 Pilot Program is an intensive training, collaboration and feedback period designed to engage purchasers and entities affected by the guidance — such as suppliers, standards developers, certifiers, and public interest groups — in improving the guidance.
Guidance v1.0 helps organizations optimize the environmental, social, and economic performance of their supply chain, while also promoting innovation and transparency in the broader marketplace, SPLC says.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency