US Firms Lead 2015 Sustainability Yearbook
The annual yearbook looks at companies’ sustainability performance in 2014, includes the best 15 percent per industry and ranks them gold, silver or bronze. The top performing company from each of the 59 industries analyzed is awarded RobecoSAM industry leader status.
Other gold class winners in the US are Owens Corning, Biogen Idec, Abbott Laboratories, Agilent Technologies and Spectra Energy. Each of these firms were named industry leaders as well.
In total RobecoSAM has awarded 69 gold class medals, 54 silver class medals and 112 bronze class medals.
Split by region, Europe holds the greatest number of companies included in the Yearbook (211) as well as the most gold class medal winners (33). Asia Pacific has 99 companies included and 16 gold medal winners; North America has 93 companies included and 11 gold medal winners; and emerging markets have 54 companies included with 9 gold medal winners.
Last year the US had the most (10) gold winners as well, including repeat winners Abbott, Alcoa, Ball Corp, Owens Corning and Spectra Energy.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation