Northern Italy Province Reaches 85% Recycling Rate
Contarina, the company responsible for the management of waste in most of the province of Treviso in Northern Italy, has reached a recycling level of 85%, while generating only 53kg of non-recyclable waste per inhabitant per year, compared to the EU average level of source separation of 42% and 285kg of non-recyclable waste.
Contarina’s success is a combination of a variety of factors, including good separation at source, waste reduction incentives via a pay-as-you-throw system, transparency and efficiency, and a commitment to continuously improving the system, writes ClickGreen.
Contarina has a goal of 96.7% recycling by 2022.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation