Suez Acquires Poseidon, B&V, Expands Industrial Water Services
Suez Environnement, via its subsidiary Degrémont, has acquired Poseidon, a Canadian company specializing in separation systems for industrial water treatment, as well as B&V Group, a British company specializing in water treatment chemicals, equipment and services.
The company did not disclose details of the acquisition.
Poseidon is a full-service equipment supplier that designs and manufactures a range of compact separator systems by flotation for industrial water treatment. The company’s portfolio of proprietary technologies encompasses wastewater and process water treatment with products spanning numerous industrial sectors, including oil and gas, pulp and paper and food and beverage.
B&V Group manufactures and commercializes conditioning products and technical services for water-related infrastructure, including cooling circuits, boiler systems and effluent treatment. The company also supplies equipment, tailor-made engineering and services linked to legionella risks and microbial control problems. B&V has positions with facilities management in healthcare, food and beverage, petrochemical, and power industries.
Projected growth in the water treatment market for hard-rock mining has sparked activity amongst a host of leading water management and treatment providers including Suez, according to a 2014 forecast by Bluefield Research.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger