How to Secure Sustainable Sourcing Networks
But, she says, companies currently face major barriers to responsible sourcing like bio-based plastics because the demand isnâ€™t on par with conventionally produced materials.
In her blog, Comere outlines four ways to build a sustainable sourcing network:
- Establish a business code of conduct for suppliers, such as the Higg Index 2.0 for apparel and footwear industires.
- Build upstream partnerships by working directly with suppliers.
- Establish a chain of custody. For example, Tetra Pak, while working towards establishing a chain of custody for bio-based plastics globally, is also working with green polyethylene producer Braskem.
- Reporting and evaluating your supply chain through life cycle analysis.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Monthâ€™s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra