Exhaust Gas Analyzer Helps Manufacturers Meet NOx Emissions Rules
The engine exhaust gas analyzer Mexa-One-QL-NX, which can be integrated into Horiba One Platform, supports manufacturers in implementing nitrogen emissions regulations and developing environmentally friendly products, the company says.
The management software allows operation using a single display.
Furthermore, Horiba One Platform now possesses several new and improved features. These include an enhanced calendar function, an operating hours counter for service parts and quality checks, as well as more efficient trouble-shooting possibilities via flow chart and proposed solutions display.
Mexa-One-QL-NX joins the One series of Horiba products managed via the software.
The Mexa-One-QL-NX is a compact, highly accurate analyzer particularly suited for the evaluation and measurement of catalyst systems for NOx after treatment. Quantum cascade laser (QCL) spectroscopy is used for this purpose.
Some of the principal advantages of Mexa-One-QL-NX are its rapid response time and its data output of 10 Hz, the company says. This allows transient driving cycles with high resolution and maximum accuracy for components such as N2O (nitrous oxide/laughing gas) or NH3 (ammonia). The wide dynamic range and the optional integration of a sample line selector enables Mexa-One-QL-NX to carry out measurements at four sampling points located at various positions within the catalyst or the tailpipe. A total of four nitrogen compounds (NO, N2O, NO2 and NH3) can be accurately measured in real-time according to all current emission standards.
The quantum cascade laser spectroscopy used by Mexa-One-QL-NX comprises a laser operating in the mid-infrared region and a vacuum optical cell for ultra-high sensitivity and minimum to no interference to other exhaust gas components. The dual-path technique in a single cell provides a wide dynamic range from 50 ppm to 5,000 ppm. The detector requires neither liquid nitrogen (LN2) nor operating gas.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency