AbTech Begins $12M Stormwater Treatment Project
Environmental technologies and engineering firm AbTech is moving forward with a $12 million stormwater treatment project in Nassau County, New York.
The company says it has received from the county’s commissioner of public works a notice to proceed with completion of the engineering design services for the first county-owned stormwater site to be outfitted with a stormwater treatment device under its $12 million stormwater management contract.
Work will commence immediately on the site located beneath Marjorie Lane, East Rockaway in Bay Park Long Island, New York.
AbTech says its water treatment system addresses flooding where necessary by designing the systems to prevent “reverse” flow and impede stormwater contamination, including bacteria, oils/greases, trash, debris and sediment, before entering waterways.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation