Ryder to Train Entire North American Maintenance Workforce on Natural Gas Vehicle Technologies
Ryder System has launched an online natural gas vehicle maintenance training program for its entire North American maintenance network consisting of more than 6,000 employees across Ryder’s 800 facilities.
The program will provide the company’s technician workforce with knowledge of all natural gas vehicle platforms and configurations. This program supplements existing customized natural gas vehicle training completed by employees who are already fueling and performing maintenance on natural gas vehicles operating in customers’ fleets, Ryder says.
Ryder has more than 30 million miles of experience in natural gas vehicle services for the commercial transportation industry, 14 natural gas vehicle maintenance facilities, and 260 natural gas vehicle trained technicians.
The company has deployed compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) vehicles into the fleets of Ryder customers in California, New York, Michigan, Texas, Arizona, Utah, Georgia and Louisiana. It also operates liquefied to compressed natural gas (LCNG) fuel stations at its Fontana and Orange, California service locations and LNG fueling at its Fulton, Georgia maintenance facility.
Since deploying its natural gas vehicle program in 2011, Ryder has replaced about4.6 million gallons of diesel fuel with lower emission domestically produced natural gas.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018