Ball Acquisitions Expand Its Sustainable Packaging Business
Ball, which manufacturers completely recyclable two- and three-piece steel food cans in a full range of sizes, completed its acquisition of Sonocoâ€™s metal end and closure facilities in Canton, Ohio.
The Canton plants, which employ about 100 people and produce multiple-sized closures for the food can market, will become part of Ballâ€™s global metal food and household products packaging division.
Additionally, Ball announced the terms of its recommended offer to acquire metal beverage packaging product company Rexam. The cash and stock transaction is valued at about $8.4 billion, Ball says.
The combined company will have pro forma 2014 revenue of about $15 billion and some 22,500 employees across five continents.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Monthâ€™s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo