Water Treatment Projects Win Porifera Energy Commission Awards
Water treatment systems developer Porifera has been recommended by the California Energy Commission for proposed awards totaling $5.7 million for demonstration projects that pilot two of Porifera’s treatment systems with a variety of customers in the industrial, agricultural and water sectors.
The first demonstration project, selected for a proposed award of $3.2 million, will pilot Porifera’s PFO Recycler system, an energy efficient hybrid Forward Osmosis + Reverse Osmosis system that generates purified water streams for reuse as process water or for irrigation. The second, selected for a proposed award of $2.5 million, will test Porifera’s PFO Concentrator System, which the company says is an energy-efficient, low-cost way to match the performance of an evaporator while generating purified water streams for high purity reuse.
The company says the awards allow it to demonstrate its technology in key markets while negotiating additional funding with investors.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures