‘Reach’ Commercial Van Now Comes Equipped with XL3 Hybrid Electric Drive System
The XL3 Hybrid Electric Drive System from XL Hybrids, Inc., is now available on the Reach commercial van from Isuzu and Utilimaster. XL Hybrids says the Reach is the first diesel-powered vehicle with the XL3 powertrain, making it appealing to national delivery service companies, public sector, and corporate fleets for companies wanting to reduce fuel consumption and meet sustainability goals.
Users see an immediate savings with a 25% increase in miles per gallon and a 20% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions, says XL Hybrids president and founder Tod Hynes.
The XL3 Hybrid Electric Drive System saves fuel through regenerative braking, a process by which the electric motor helps slow the vehicle when the driver brakes, charging the battery. When the driver accelerates, the battery releases the energy to the electric motor, helping propel the vehicle.
Special financing options are available to XL Hybrids’ customers to retrofit current fleet vehicles and pay for the hybrid system over time. Customers can also refinance their existing vehicles or order new vans and buses with the XL3 Hybrid Electric Drive System.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation