Environmental Disclosure, Benchmarking Tool Online
Created through a collaboration among The Conference Board, Bloomberg and the Global Reporting Initiative, the Dashboard is a database and online benchmarking tool that captures the most recent disclosure of environmental and social practices of business corporations.
The web-based intelligence tool captures data on 79 environmental and social practices of business corporations in the S&P Global 1200 and segments results by market index, geography, sector, and revenue group.
This year’s dashboard also finds GRI sustainability reporting continues to rise among US companies, especially large multinationals subject to international disclosure requirements.
The 2015 edition features data on two new practices: the number of companies adopting executive compensation policies inclusive of long-term incentives of environmental, social and governance performance as well as the number of companies disclosing the presence of child labor policies.
An earlier report by The Conference Board found that although two of the biggest concerns in supply-chain management are risk and sustainability, they are often viewed separately when they should be addressed concurrently in strategic and operational plans.
Photo Credit: industrial plant emissions via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation