Online BOD Analyzer Provides Wastewater Treatment Plant Cost Savings
LAR Process Analysersâ€™ BioMonitor is anÂ online biochemical oxygen demand analyzerÂ for the determination of the total biochemical oxygen demand that enables the optimal control of a wastewater treatement plant, the company says.
The analyzer determines the degradation of nitrogen as well as carbon compounds within minutes. The company says this characterizes a huge advantage against the regulated BOD5Â measurement (carbonaceous-BOD), which needs five days. Using BioMonitor allows plant operators the right control of a plant, providing cost savings regarding blowers and/or nutrient dosage.
The analyzersâ€™ functional principle is similar to a biological treatment plant. The wastewater to be tested is mixed with activated sludge and air and continuously passed through a mutli-stage measurement cascade. Upon exiting the cascade, the residual oxygen is measured with an oxygen sensor.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency