‘Railsponsible’ Initiative Expected to Drive Railway Supply Chain Improvements
An initiative to drive sustainability throughout the railway supply chain has been created, with founding members committing to a vision whereby all suppliers have in place good practices and standards across all aspects of corporate social responsibility.
The mission of the initiative is to embrace continuous improvement, share best practices, drive common understanding across the industry, and use common tools to create efficiencies.
Founding members of the initiative, dubbed Railsponsible, include six companies in the railway industry: Alstom Transport, Bombardier Transportation, Deutsche Bahn, Knorr Bremse, Nederlandse Spoorwegen and SNCF.
The Railsponsible initiative, facilitated by nonprofit organization BSR, is open to all railway operators and companies across the industry value chain. Railsponsible is using the EcoVadis Supplier Sustainability Ratings Platform as the standard set of tools and processes to assess, monitor and improve supplier CSR performance.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market