Ryder Opens Commercial Natural Gas Vehicle Maintenance Center
Ryder Systems has opened a new maintenance facility in Santa Fe Springs, California, to provide commercial natural gas and diesel vehicle maintenance for companies that outsource their fleet management to Ryder; the facility will also feature a rental counter for businesses in need of a commercial vehicle.
With the growing presence of natural gas vehicles in the region, Ryder has engineered the facility to meet the compliance standards to provide natural gas vehicle maintenance, the company says.
Ryder full service lease provides natural gas vehicles for the commercial transportation industry and has 14 natural gas vehicle maintenance facilities. The company has deployed compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG) vehicles into the fleets of Ryder customers in California, New York, Michigan, Texas, Arizona, Utah, Maryland, Georgia and Louisiana, as well as in Canada.
Last month, Ryder Systems launched an online natural gas vehicle maintenance training program for its entire North American maintenance network consisting of more than 6,000 employees across Ryder’s 800 facilities.
The program is providing the company’s technician workforce with knowledge of all natural gas vehicle platforms and configurations. This program supplements existing customized natural gas vehicle training completed by employees who are already fueling and performing maintenance on natural gas vehicles operating in customers’ fleets, Ryder says.
Energy Manager News
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo