Wells Fargo CSR: GHG Emissions Reduced 24%
Wells Fargo has reduced its absolute greenhouse gas emissions 24 percent since 2008, and says itâ€™s on track to meet its 35 percent reduction goal by 2020, according to the banking giantâ€™s 2014 corporate sustainability report.
Wells Fargo expanded its green building program, according to the sustainability report, achieving LEED certification for 18 percent of the total square footage across Wells Fargo-owned and leased buildings.
Another 20124 highlight in the most recent CSR: Wells Fargo says it has awarded $37 billion in environmental loans and investments since 2012, surpassing its 2020 goal of $30 billion.
In October 2014, Wells Fargo launched launched a $10 million environmental grant for clean technology startups. The Innovation Incubator program, funded by the Wells Fargo Foundation and co-administered by the Energy Departmentâ€™s National Renewable Energy Laboratory, aims to foster the development of early stage clean technologies for commercial buildings.
Energy Manager News
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UKâ€™s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation