Novelis Produces 100% Recycled Aluminum
The first product in the evercycle portfolio is designed for aluminum food containers. It is certified by SCS Global Services to contain 100 percent recycled aluminum, made up of 90 percent post-consumer content and 10 percent customer manufacturing scrap.
Novelis says evercycle is commercially available now in North America and it expects it to become available globally as demand grows.
The new product adds to Novelis’ portfolio of high-recycled content aluminum sheet products and is part of the company’s plan to increase the overall recycled content of its products to 80 percent by 2020.
Last year Novelis introduced its certified high-recycled content evercan product for beverage cans, which is now available globally.
Energy Manager News
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge