Siemens, Thinkstep Launch Material Management Software
Siemens and thinkstep (formerly PE International) have launched an integrated material management software product to manage the material lifecycle and streamline material driven product design.
The new software, developed by thinkstep and Siemens’ product lifecycle management (PLM) software business, will help manufacturers worldwide improve product performance and reliability by connecting design, engineering, analysis, compliance and manufacturing to a single source of material information, the companies say.
Part of Siemens’ Teamcenter portfolio, the product will help reduce errors, rework and recalls that result from the use of inaccurate material data, the companies say. It will also assist in the re-use of market-tested materials for new products, which is critical in a wide variety of industries.
Siemens and thinkstep expanded their existing partnership agreement to develop this software.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures