Bio-Based Platform Chemicals Market to Grow Nearly 14% by 2019
The global market for bio-based platform chemicals is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.82 percent from 2015-2019, according to a TechNavio report.
Global Bio-Based Platform Chemicals Market says the push towards environmental sustainability has forced many countries to shift to the production of bio-based platform chemicals.
Also, advances in technology have led researchers to produce bio-based platform chemicals using cellulosic biomass, which is made up of complex sugar molecules from renewable biomass like corn stover and switchgrass.
Last month BASF made bio-based Polytetrahydrofuran 1000 available for the first time and BioAmber initiated commissioning activities for its 30,000 metric ton-capacity bio-succinic acid plant — the world’s largest — located in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation