Republic Services Adds 74th Landfill-Gas-to-Energy Project
The new site will be located at the Upstate Regional Landfill in Union County, South Carolina.
Company subsidiary, Republic Services of South Carolina, partnered with Lockhart Bioenergy to develop the Upstate Regional project.
According to Waste Management World, Lockhart Bioenergy will operate the plant and Duke Energy will purchase the energy.
In Feburary, Republic Services acquired Tervita, an environmental waste services provider serving oil and natural gas producers in the US.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency