Product Innovation Platform Improves Manufacturing Efficiency
Manufacturers can more efficiently tie together all enterprise applications, data, and tools used to design, develop, manufacture, and service products in one system using a product innovation platform with product lifecycle management (PLM) at its core, according to IDC Manufacturing Insights.
IDC PlanScape: Building the Product Innovation Platform, says today’s enormously complex, connected, and “smart” products have enabled the evolution of PLM to the point where it connects with other enterprise data to enhance innovation. The report lays the foundation for manufacturers looking to mature their PLM process to the next step.
According to IDC Manufacturing Insights, the product innovation platform, with PLM as its core, essentially ties together all enterprise applications, data, and tools used to design, develop, manufacture, and service products in one system.
This new PlanScape will complement the initial Perspective, The New Vision for PLM — The Innovation Platform, by providing detail on the building blocks for the product innovation platform: the planning approach, the framework, and the reference model, as well as reinforcing the value of this enterprise-wide approach to designing, engineering, and manufacturing products.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger