Coke Wins Water Prize Award
Coca-Cola, the San Diego Public Utilities Department and Electric Power Research Institute have won 2015 US Water Prize awards for their water management and conservation efforts.
The US Water Alliance, which initiated the awards five years ago, recognized the city of San Diego Public Utilities Department’s Water Purification Demonstration Project as a trailblazer for reservoir augmentation. The project will provide one-third of the city’s water supply upon completion in 2035. The project findings are helping develop standards for potable reuse across the country.
The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) and a collaboration of power companies, farmers, state and federal agencies, and environmental interests have established the world’s only interstate water quality trading project. It gives companies the opportunity to receive verified credits to meet their stewardship goals.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures