L’Oréal Halves Production CO2 Emissions
L’Oréal says it has reduced CO2 of its production by 50 percent in absolute terms from a 2005 baseline, one year after launching its sustainable development program.
Production increased by 22 percent over the same period.
Also under the company’s Sharing Beauty with All program, L’Oréal says 67 percent of new products screened have an improved environmental or social profile.
Last year the cosmetics company committed to zero deforestation and says it will source 100 percent renewable raw materials from sustainable sources by 2020.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger