100 Best Corporate Citizens Revealed
Microsoft, selected in part for its environmental and climate change performance, is the best corporate citizen in the US, according to Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens List.
The tech giant pushed Bristol-Myers Squibb from its No. 1 ranking last year down to sixth place in the 2015 list.
The top 10 on the 2015 list are (in rank order): Microsoft, Hasbro, Johnson & Johnson, Xerox, Sigma-Aldrich, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Intel, Campbell Soup, Ecolab and Lockheed Martin.
Also this year:
- 35 companies rose an average of 19 ranks
- 45 companies fell an average of 17 ranks
- 18 companies new to the list
- The average rank increase for the Top 100 was 25
- The average rank increase for the Top 10 was 9
In a report published last week Microsoft said its internal carbon fee has reduced the company’s emissions by 7.5 million metric tons of CO2e, since it was established three years ago, and saved more than $10 million per year.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation