All 23 Nestlé USA Factories Achieve Zero Waste to Landfill
Nestlé USA announced today that all of its 23 factories — spanning confections, dairy, frozen and refrigerated meals, ice cream, baking ingredients and beverages — are now landfill-free, contributing zero waste for disposal.
Employees also take actions to minimize by-products, and engage in recycling programs and partnerships with credible waste vendors that dispose of manufacturing by-products in line with Nestlé’s environmental sustainability guidelines and standards.
All of Nestlé USA’s factories employ ISO 14001 certified environmental management systems to help manage their environmental impact, including waste elimination.
Globally, Nestlé has committed to improving resource efficiency in its operations. Fifteen percent of all of Nestlé’s factories worldwide (72 in total) achieved zero waste for disposal for all of 2014. This exceeds Nestlé’s goal of having 10 percent of its global factories at this stage by 2015.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation