Linde Group Subsidiary to Blend, Distribute Low GWP Refrigerants
Technische Gase und Gasetechnik (TEGA), a subsidiary of the Linde Group, has signed an agreement with AS Trust & Holdings to blend the ASHRAE-listed hydrocarbon refrigerants HCR188C/R441A and HCR188C/R443A.
TEGA, based in Wurzburg, Germany, will have exclusive blending rights within the European Union. Work is underway for the TEGA blending facility to be ETL safety certified by Intertek Germany for this production; the company expects to go into production within 30 days.
HCR188C/R441A, a substitute for R134A refrigerant, and HCR188C/R443A, a substitute for R22 refrigerant, are both patented and trademarked zero-ozone-depleting/extremely low global-warming-potential (GWP) hydrocarbon blends. Hawaii businessman and inventor, Richard Maruya, of AS Trust & Holdings, developed their formulations over the past 15 years.
HCR188C/R441A has been listed on the US Federal Register for use in vending machines, household models of refrigerators, stand-alone freezers and window-air-conditioners, and commercial models of refrigerators, freezers and stand-alone refrigerated display cases. Applications have been submitted for additional uses, including motor-vehicle air-conditioning systems, refrigerated transport (refrigerated trucks and shipping containers), and residential models of heat-pumps, portable room air-conditioners and split-system air-conditioning units.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market