Method Removes H2S in Landfills, Wastewater Treatment Facilities, Chemical Plants and More
Environmental compliance firm UltraTech International has added Ultra-S3 to its product line. The oxidizing system quickly removes hydrogen sulfide from wastewater, reducing or eliminating odor and corrosion, the company says.
In high concentrations, hydrogen sulfide can cause shock, convulsions, inability to breathe, extremely rapid unconsciousness, coma and death.
Ultra-S3 is an effective oxidizing system that has been used successfully to reduce hydrogen sulfide levels around the world for more than a decade. It has been used in a wide variety of industries from chemical processing plants to sewage treatment facilities and animal farms. The company says it is cost effective and will treat many recalcitrant chemicals such as hydrogen sulfide (H2S), benzene, methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE), toluene, trichloroethylene, and many others.
According to UltraTech it costs 30 percent to 60 percent less than other competitive treatment solutions on the market. Additionally it is classified as non-hazardous under the Toxic Substance Control Act of 1976 and it targets problem compounds without destroying environmentally beneficial microbes.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool