Agility, Cummins Team Up to Advance Nat Gas Heavy-Duty Trucks
Agility Fuel Systems, a designer and producer of natural gas fuel storage and delivery systems for heavy duty trucks and buses, and Cummins, a provider of diesel and natural gas engines to the trucking industry, have entered into a strategic partnership intended to improve the natural gas vehicle user experience, and to drive adoption of natural gas as a vehicle fuel for the heavy duty truck and bus markets.
Under the terms of the agreement, Cummins will also invest an undisclosed amount in Agility Fuel Systems’ equity.
The partnership includes technology development and integration of software and hardware between the natural gas engine and the onboard fuel storage and delivery system, to significantly improve performance and uptime.
Additionally, Agility and Cummins will integrate their sales and aftermarket support and distribution networks, to further enhance the end-user experience. Customers will soon be able to have service performed and obtain replacement parts for their natural gas-powered equipment at authorized Cummins distributor and OEM truck dealer locations in the US and Canada.
The markets for natural gas trucks and buses are expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 12.6 percent and 6.4 percent, respectively, between 2013 and 2022, according to a Navigant Research report.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency