Software Makes ‘Building LCAs a No-Brainer’
Life cycle design is a key decision-making tool for improving environmental performance and has been incorporated into green building rating programs all over the world.
The LCA industry has met this demand with the introduction and alignment of international standards (ISO 14040, ISO 14044, EN 15978), improved background data sources and better software. The company says it’s eToolLCD platform is easy to access and can help building professionals improve their projects.
It is designed to make it easy for anyone, located anyone in the world, to log on to eToolLCD and be guided through a life cycle design approach to higher performing buildings and infrastructure, the company says.
Henrique Mendonça, eTool regional business development manager, says eToolLCD is the first built form LCA software in the world to adopt an open-use model.
The new subscriptions can be tailored to meet users unique requirements and they experience a range of additional functionalities associated with each of the subscriptions. Some of the benefits associated include reduced certification costs and accessibility to comprehensive built form LCA training, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation