LNG America Provides Scandrill LNG for Drilling Operations
LNG America and Scandrill have signed an agreement to provide Scandrill liquefied natural gas for drilling operations in the Gulf Coast region.
Among Scandrill’s rig fleet are eight bi-fueled units, with the two newest incorporating advanced technologies for optimizing LNG/diesel substitution rates upwards of 60 percent, the company says.
Using LNG as a fuel for drilling and completion operations has been increasing in recent years as a growing number of energy companies seek to lower costs and reduce emissions from their operations.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool