Tecam Group Wins First-of-Kind NORM Waste Incineration Project
The project has been commissioned by oil and gas company Takreer and subcontracted by EPC Intecsa Industrial.
Under the terms of the agreement, Tecam Group will supply Intecsa Industrial with the engineering and procurement management of an incineration plant for NORM waste together with a dry flue gas treatment system, to be installed at Takreer plant in Ruwais, about 250 km west of Abu Dhabi city in the United Arab Emirates.
The project will enable the Takreer plant to eliminate its NORM waste by using what Tecam Group calls “a totally environmentally-friendly gas cleaning system.”
Upon completion of the project in June 2016, this will be the first project of its kind worldwide, the company says.
Earlier this year Tecam Group installed its first equipment for exhaust gas emissions treatment in Mar del Plata, Argentina, a regenerative thermal oxidizer for volatile organic compounds reduction that it expects to reduce 99 percent of VOCs.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation