Beer Wastewater Converted to Fish, Animal Feed
Nutrinsic has built a processing plant — it’s first in the US — at MillerCoors’ water reclamation facility in Butler County.
Nutrinsic’s process, which will turn wastewater into single-cell proteins, will divert about 20,000 tons of wastewater a year. The proteins will eventually be sold to farmers and feed suppliers.
MillerCoors says its water reclamation center treats 1.8 million gallons per day of process wastewater, and returns the clean water to the environment.
The Trenton Brewery was the first MillerCoors facility to achieve landfill-free status.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation