Colfax Buys GE’s Blowers, Compressors Unit for $185M
Colfax, a manufacturer of gas- and fluid-handling and fabrication technology products and services, has entered into a binding agreement to acquire the Roots blowers and compressors business unit, also known as Industrial Air & Gas Technologies, from General Electric Oil & Gas for $185 million.
Roots supplies blower and compressor technologies that service a broad range of end markets, including water treatment, chemical production and power generation. Colfax says this acquisition will add important application expertise and products to its portfolio. In 2014, Roots had approximate revenues of $155 million and EBITDA of $22 million.
Closing of the acquisition is expected early in the third quarter.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation