Recycling Facility to Co-Digest Organics, Biosolids
Waste Management World reports phase one of the project began in 2012 with a Class AA/EQ product by upgrading wastewater treatment from aerobic digestion to BCR Environmental’s Neutralizer system.
The system helped the city avoid capital expenditures of $2.75 million for digester rehabilitation and dewatering equipment, reduce annual biosolids treatment and disposition costs by about $133,000 for 20 years and cut energy costs for biosolids treatment by about 97 percent.
NuTerra designed the new facility and will build, operate, and maintain it at the wastewater treatment plant’s property site.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project