Minnesota Twins, Eco-Products Team Up Against Ballpark Waste
In another step to minimize waste generated at Target Field, the Minnesota Twins and Eco-Products have partnered to turn tons of fansâ€™ trash into fertile soil, rather than piling up in area landfills.
Eco-Products, is supplying hundreds of thousands of compostable cups, plates, trays, utensils and straws at Target Field. Now almost all packaging used at Target Field will be either compostable or recyclable.
Much of the packaging used in the ballpark relies on Ingeo, a compostable resin made by NatureWorks.
While plastic bottles and aluminum will still be recycled, all other concessions-related products can be composted at Target Field. That includes beer cups, soft drink cups, coffee cups, plates, trays, spoons, knives, forks, lids and straws.
The new effort also simplifies things for fans because all plates, utensils and trays can go into the same compostable bin along with leftover food.
The Twins achieved a 73 percent waste diversion rate in 2014.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Monthâ€™s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project