Solutions-IES Completes First RCRA Risk-Based Remedial Action Project
Environmental and engineering company Solutions-IES, on behalf of a Fortune 500 international corporation with former manufacturing operations in central North Carolina, has successfully obtained a Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Permit Termination Decision from the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources (NCDENR).
This decision is the first for any site in North Carolina, exercising the state’s newest environmental law that allows risk-based closure for industrial sites. Solutions-IES demonstrated that site-specific remedial goals would be protective of human and environmental receptors without the need for additional cleanup or long-term monitoring.
A final determination of No Further Action and Permit Termination was obtained this month, allowing the NCDENR to close the books on this site decades earlier than it would have under traditional post-closure permit requirements. This saved the client a projected $240,000 in future long-term monitoring costs, and provided the property owner with unrestricted acreage potentially worth millions in development opportunity.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project