Future Trends in Sustainability Reporting
New data technology will lead to greater transparency with corporate reporting moving fully into the digital realm and occurring in real-time instead of annually, according analysis by the Global Reporting Initiative that looks at future trends in sustainability reporting.
GRI’s Reporting 2025 paper is based on interviews and examines the key trends that businesses will need to focus on in the next decade to transition to a more sustainable economy.
Another prediction is that stakeholders will have more access to data, which will require organizations to align real-time decision-making processes with their communication on issues such as climate change. Increasingly empowered stakeholders, who will become more involved in governance and business strategy, will spur on these developments.
GRI’s Reporting 2025 project is sponsored by Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship, Enel and SAP.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation