Opgal Launches Gas Leak Detection Camera
Opgal Optronic Industries is launching EyeCGas FX, the next-generation gas leak detection camera for installation in petrochemical, oil and gas plants as well as offshore platforms and rigs.
EyeCGas FX is a thermal camera enabling automated detection of hazardous, explosive and toxic gas leaks from a distance. Specially designed for fast detection of a variety of hydrocarbon gas emissions such as ethylene, methane, butane, propane and various volatile organic compounds (VOCs), EyeCGas FX includes a sensitive IR camera and an HD color camera for fast recognition of such fugitive emissions in the areas being inspected. It then automatically alerts plant personnel via a color display and warning message, or any other alert mechanism in use.
EyeCGas FX demonstrates an extremely low false alarm rate and is certified for use in hazardous environments, with IECEx-ATEX Ex d II 2G T6 and NEC 500 Class 1 Division I approval. Enabling the inspection of vast areas, EyeCGas FX can be adjusted and customized to specific user requirements, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation