Benefits, Challenges of LNG Bunkering
Shipping and offshore classification services society ABS has published an advisory about liquefied natural gas bunkering in response to the industry’s growing interest in gas propulsion.
The LNG Bunkering: Technical and Operational Advisory explores the benefits, challenges, and solutions associated with fueling vessels equipped with LNG power systems.
The advisory offers an extensive overview of potential solutions and current practices associated with LNG bunkering from the perspectives of an LNG fuel provider and gas fueled vessel operator. It addresses the properties of LNG, critical design issues, operational issues aboard the gas fueled ship as well as bunkering vessels, proper procedures, crew training and the means to promote safe operations with needed risk assessments.
Last year ABS entered into a joint development project with South Korea’s Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) to develop the industry’s first LNG-fueled drillship.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool