APP to Expand PEFC-Certified Products by End of 2015
Asia Pulp & Paper, one of the largest paper producers in the world, will have a wider range of products certified by the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification by the end of 2015.
The company is able to expand its products on the heels of the Indonesian Forestry Certification Cooperation certification of more than 300,000 hectares of APP suppliers’ plantations. The 306,400 hectares of IFCC-PEFC-certified plantations are operated by two APP suppliers.
Another 1 million hectares of plantation area are in the final stages of certification bringing the company closer to its target of 100 percent of pulpwood suppliers achieving sustainable forest management certification by 2020, APP says.
The commitment, developed with WWF, Greenpeace and NGO members of APP’s Solutions Working Group, takes the company beyond its legal conservation requirements and is approximately equivalent to the total area of plantation from which the company sourced pulp fiber in 2013.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures