Ecosphere Vessels Treat Industrial-Pollutant Contaminated Waters
Ecosphere Technologies has introduced what it says is the worldâ€™s first line of water treatment vessels for cleaning up endangered rivers and lakes of the world. The Ozonix Sentinel can treat high-volumes of water in rivers, lakes, lagoons and estuaries that have been contaminated as a result of depleted oxygen levels and industrial pollutants, the company says.
In September 2013, Ecosphere demonstrated to local and state officials the effectiveness of its multi-patented Ozonix water treatment technology to increase and maintain the oxygen reduction potential (ORP) of water being discharged from Lake Okeechobee to Floridaâ€™s Indian River Lagoon. As a result of this successful demonstration, Ecosphere began working on developing a comprehensive solution and platform to bring its advanced oxidation process (AOP) technology to local municipalities, government organizations and environmental engineering firms worldwide.
On April 7, 2015, Ecosphere received a US patent for this process.
The company says Ozonix Sentinel features and benefits include:
- High Volume: A single Ozonix Sentinel has the ability to process thousands of gallons of contaminated water per minute.
- Strong ORP: ORP measures the ability of a lake or river to cleanse itself or break down contaminants such as algae blooms, dead plants, animal waste byproducts and industrial pollution. In general, the higher the ORP value, the healthier the lake or river. Ozonix takes low ORP fluid (0-200) and turns it into a high ORP fluid (300-500). A positive increase in the ORP value indicates a greater amount of oxygen, which means fewer contaminants and decaying matter resulting in a safer environment for fish and marine life to thrive.
- Environmentally Safe Oxidant: Ecosphereâ€™s patented Ozonix technology produces highly reactive bacteria killing hydroxyl radicals (OH-). Hydroxyl radicals are important to water disinfection because they have a high oxidation potential of 2.80V, which is much higher than the most common disinfectants, Ozone (2.07 V) and Chlorine (1.36 V).
- Cost-Effective: The Ozonix Sentinel is the most cost-effective, dynamic AOP treatment solution for treating very large bodies of water and precious natural resources that have been contaminated as a result of excessive nutrient loading from agricultural runoff and industry generated wastewaters.
- Scalable: Due to its high-volume, low-footprint configuration, Ecosphereâ€™s Ozonix technology can be scaled up and down to meet a wide range of volume and footprint requirements.
- Versatile: The Ozonix Sentinel has been designed utilizing a modular construction technique that allows Ecosphere to assemble a wide variety of different barge size configurations for different types of treatment scenarios.
- Patented & Proven: Ecosphereâ€™s multi-patented Ozonix technology is protected by 23 approved and pending United States patents and has been successfully proven on over 5 billion gallons of water treated.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018