Biobased Products Contribute $369bn to US Economy
Biobased products contribute $369 billion to the US economy, according to a report released by the US Department of Agriculture.
The independent report, An Economic Impact Analysis of the U.S. Bioproducts Industry, says the industry is responsible for 4 million American jobs. Each job in the biobased products industry is responsible for generating 1.64 jobs in other sectors of the economy.
In 2013, 1.5 million jobs directly supported the biobased product industry, resulting in 1.1 million indirect jobs in related industries, and another 1.4 million induced jobs produced from the purchase of goods and services generated by the direct and indirect jobs.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation