Stormwater Management System Helps Dealership Increases Sales
An article by the Plastics Pipe Institute, the trade association representing all segments of the plastic pipe industry, says the Faulkner Automotive car dealership in Mechanicsburg increased its display area with stormwater detention systems constructed under the sales display areas using large diameter, corrugated high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe.
“Instead of proposing a traditional open-pond detention/retention system, two large underground detention systems were installed to maximize usable area on the property for vehicle sales display,” said Todd Wilson, project manager for Alpha Consulting Engineers and designer of the systems.
In other stormwater management news, earlier this month American Airlines installed seven Safe Drain inserts into key storm drains at its largest hub, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, to help it comply with federal Clean Water Act regulations regarding stormwater pollution prevention.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation